August 11, 2018 • Laurelhurst Park (SE 37th and Oak) • 6:00 PM • Full Orchestra featuring 3 Leg Torso
SE 39th Ave & Stark St
Outdoor basketball court, disabled access play area, disabled access restroom, dog off-leash area, historical site, horseshoe pit, paved and unpaved pathways, reservable picnic sites, picnic tables, playground, soccer field, outdoor stage, statues and public art, outdoor tennis courts, volleyball court, and wading pool or water play feature.
In 1909, the land that is now Laurelhurst Park was purchased from the estate of William S. Ladd, who developed Ladd’s Addition and twice was mayor of Portland. Ladd named his 486-acre parcel Hazel Fern Farm, after the name of one of the streets in the area. Here Ladd developed one of the most prestigious stock farms in the West. Laurelhurst Park is a perfect example of the City Beautiful Movement in landscaping. In 1919, the park was named the most beautiful park on the west coast by the Pacific Coast Parks Association. Thanks to the efforts of the Portland Historical Landmarks Commission, in February 2001 Laurelhurst Park was named to the National Register of Historic Places, the first city park ever listed on the national register. For years, the Rose Festival Queen’s Coronation took place in the Laurelhurst Park pond on floating boats and decorated rafts.